Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hmmm!

Hmmm, it’s been a loooonnngggg time since I have been giving the cold shoulder to this tiny space of mine. I have several solid reasons that I can tell you but I am not sure whether you have the patience to listen to them.

Well, excuse no: 1: Pregnancy - I tell you, this is an excellent excuse to get away with anything and everything :-)

Sample this …
Hubz: "Why have you not posted nephew’s b’day card?"
Eljo: *said b’day card had totally skipped her mind, takes some time to think* "Oh, I am pregnant!!! How can you ask me to do any task???!#&$&"

Hubz: *comes home tired hoping to eat something nice and warm. Sees there is no food* “What??? No dinner??? ”
Eljo: *busy switching channels on TV* “Hmmm, I am pregnant. How can you expect me to cook food??? #@^$& ”

Eljo: *busy polishing off chocolate mousse cake before moving on to palada payasam which a friend has generously shared*
Hubz: *looks on with genuine wonder as to how one person can eat so much*
Eljo: “Don’t even think about it!!! I am pregnant and I have the license to hog”
Hubz: “But I didn’t even say anything…”

So you see dear people, this one reason itself has been so good and effective that I haven’t had the opportunity to rack my brains for any other reason. But now that there is barely 8 weeks of pregnancy left, I have to seriously start thinking of other reasons to continue my obnoxious behaviour and generally take life easy.

So my dear peoples, please to give me some solid reasons so that I can continue to get away with doing exactly as I please and poor Hubz has no choice but to keep his mouth shut. Your suggestions would be tried on Hubz to test the effectiveness and the person who offers the most successful suggestion would have my undying gratitude and can expect similar suggestions from me in their times of need ;-)

9 comments:

anN-series said...

Reason 1- 'i think i am pregnant again' ala britney spears/jamie spears style..

Reason 2- Izzy is keeping me bizzy (altho she must be peacefully sleeping)

Reason 3- I have post-natal depression (for digging into calorie laden food)

mathew said...

finally you are back!!:-)

well what you could is not to reply to Josu's questions immediately...So he will ask you why..

"Well...I am having a pregnant pause these days when I am asked to do stuff I dont like!!";-P

eljo said...

@ sistah: Depression sounds like a good idea ;-) Will give me a good reason to keep on hogging....

@ Mathew: Well, I keep thinking of posting but not getting the push. Moreover we are busy going to kallu shaaps here, so no time ;-)
Don't know whether I can shut up that long to let hubz do the talking. Will try and let you know...

silverine said...

Wow! Our first blog baby!! Congrats!! Amongst my blogger pals you are the first to have a baby! So s/he is special!! What have you decided to name him/her!

hubjo?
elhubz?
johu?
elbuz?

The possibilities are endless!!! Congrats and looking forward to more posts on the pregnancy and hubjo! I like that name! :)

eljo said...

@Anjali: Thanks a lot! I have not yet thought of a blog name for the li'l one. First let the baby be here, then we shall think abt the name. Right now I am too busy stuffing my face and alternatively getting worried / excited abt the baby's arrival :-)

Bindhu Unny said...

How can anyone expect you to do anyhting with a baby to take care of? Isn't it good enough reason?
:-)

Hammy said...

My condolences. There really is no substitute to the "I'm pregnant. How can you..." excuse. Absolutely none.

Just take care. You've been used to it so long it may take a while to retract... It has to be smooth.

Hubby: Honey, where's my dinner?
You: I'm PREGNANT. How can you expect me to cook? Huh? You never care abo...
Hubby: Whoa, whoa... What are you talking about? You delivered the baby last month. See? She's sleeping by her crib. Wha..
You: Gulp.. Err...

Not a great moment, you know. In fact, hubby can start suspecting that you were simply building excuses earlier. Practice refraining from the excuse.

mathew said...

new post!! new post!!!

eljo said...

@ Bindhu: Thanks for the support gal.I have been doing exactly what you have said all this while ;-)

@Hammy: Are you on my side or Hubz? ;-)

@ Mathew : Yes,sir. Just now posted.